Friday 8 May 2015

exposed tailoring research

found this really good website with a collection of garments showing the way they have been made!
some have been made with transparent fabric like clear plastic so you can see the structural techniques and some are made with sheer fabrics like silk and organza. quite cool, none are corsets though! they're all suit style. Also, I want to make my garment inside out so I don't really need to use clear fabric, but it's something to bear in mind.
http://thecuttingclass.com/post/7608658729/tailoring-techniques-maison-martin-margiela-couture

Images from google searches on "exposed tailoring" and "Inside out garment"

Miguel Adrover - upside down and inside out clothing collection 

Oh my god! This post is amazing! It's like everything I need!!! And I totally need to visit the Museum of Costume in Manchester because they have some amazing 17th century corsets apparently! http://stylebubble.co.uk/style_bubble/2010/04/beauty-of-torture.html

Alice McCall - inside out wrong way round

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing an information to us. If someone want to know about Tailoring Software and Tailoring Blouse Cutting. I think this is the right place for you!
    Pattern Making Software and Tailor Master Required

    ReplyDelete